Friday, December 19, 2008

Something fun



I worked all week and decided to give myself a quick break and do something fun. My granddaughter already has all her holiday/birthday stuff, but still wanted an actual present "under the tree". This is what I came up with. The face is done with crayons and permanent marker, with a patchwork background, then stretched onto wooden bars from the art supply store--one of my favorite places!!! Also see the photo she took of herself that is the inspiration for the art work.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Marilyn, that is awesome! Olivia will be so thrilled with this...what a nice surprise!

Anonymous said...

Yay! me! haha! i hated that picture but I love the wall hanging! it made me look prettier! It's hanging on my wall at home! :D

BonnieMcCaffery said...

What a great piece! I love how you have captured the moment.
Bonnie