Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New magazines!!

Look in your local bookstore for the two new "bookzines" from Stampington publishers. The newest one is called Art Quilt Studio. It has lots of photos and the paper is the best feeling stuff--like all the magazines from Stampington. The art work is stupendous. So much talent and inspiration.
The other one I picked up is the latest issue of Sew Somerset. Again, great photos and a technique for photo transfer that I must try. Uses cold laminate but I think I'll try clear contact paper and see how that works.
Stampington has some of the nicest publications--my favorite has to be Belle Armoire. Etta McFarland is going to be the featured artist in the next issue (I think) and I'm chomping at the bit to see it. Will she autograph my copy??? Oh I hope so!!

No comments: