Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to fiber art

The original intent of this blog was to show anyone interested some of my fiber art and I have fallen away from that. The other day I got an idea for some deconstructed screen printing and put dye on three screens. Maybe today I can find time to put the designs on fabric.
  Lately I've been making visual reminders for myself to help me get past my need to control my surroundings. So I decided to explore a self portrait. First I made some trading cards to interpret the theme "Below the Surface" and you can see one of those ATCs on the link to Fiber Antics blog. Also you see the work of the very talented artist who writes that blog, a very bizzy gal for sure!
abstract filler


sequin waste and potato bag for texture
  The drawings I did for those cards inspired me to go further and that's the basis for these screens. How they will translate to fabric via the deconstructed process is anyone's guess, and I will post the results. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

FiberAntics said...

I love deconstructed screen printing. It's been a while since I did some. Can't wait to see your results.

Marilyn League said...

It is very addictive for me. I pulled some prints today and will be washing the dye out tomorrow, so I can get photos then.