Saturday, December 3, 2011

PROGRESS

The last two days have been spent on siding before the rains come....again. We finished the siding on the east wall this afternoon. The sense of completion is very satisfying I must say. We were dreading this wall since we had to get up on ladders and there were so many fiddly cuts involving the windows and all the pesky angles along the roof line. But we did it and nearly broke our arms patting ourselves on the back for doing such a good job. Thanks to good friends who have offered encouragement and brought cookies to fortify us in our labor.
  The north wall is still unfinished. That is where the worst of the rot and repairs had to be made. It is also the wall that covers my sewing space which is now warm and quiet. This wall should be pretty easy as far as the siding goes. No ladders or fussy cuts. Don't want to jinx myself with too much discussion here.
today--the last piece at the top
where we left off the other day
  Why did I not do this years ago (when I was younger, btw) and have all this luxury to enjoy? Oh well, it's done now and I am as happy as a clam. That was a subject of conversation this afternoon, what exactly makes a clam happy?
   The addition looks so good, even better than I had imagined it would be. When it gets painted I may pass out!!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Looks great! I selfishly look forward to the completion of this project so you can play again!

Marilyn League said...

Amen sister Patricia. I cannot wait to be finished with this labor and get back to representin' the peeps.
Read your latest blog post and it's good to have you back on the pattern drafting road. Love your detailed mind!!