Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Project

Last year, in February, I attended an evening of fashion shows at Memphis Fashion weekend. It was fun, but there was nothing out of the box or extraordinary shown. The other day, I got a message from a couple of young designers who need help with their entry into this year's fashion show. We met, they showed me the sketches and fabric samples. I advised them on how much fabric to get and what steps needed to be taken to make the garments.
   Since I have always wanted to teach myself how to drape for pattern making, I saw this as the perfect opportunity for a learning experience. A few years ago I bought a book on draping, so I hauled it out and proceeded to follow the directions.
THE book
front style lines


back style lines
   Hopefully this will turn out in everyone's favor and I will post the progress, if there is any.

No comments: