Saturday, February 8, 2014

Facing facts

February is nearly halfway done and I'm having to get used to the idea that hoping for instant change just because the calendar says its a new year, doesn't always mean things are brighter and fresher than they were at the end of the old year.
  That said, I am on the mend from my lip infection, but caught a cold and feel tired and somewhat miserable from that. The remaining shreds of the divorce settlement have not been swept up yet either. Phooey! Plus the winter weather has been dreary and grey, which adds to the feeling of misery. Soon enough the sun will come out and recharge everyone's solar batteries, the birds will sing, the daffodils will pop out of the ground and this long chilly winter will be but a distant memory, that we will sigh and wish for this cooler air when summer falls on us with its unrelenting humidity.
   With all the things going on now begging for my attention, my art work has been relegated to the back burner for a little while longer. It is very sad to not be able to give in to my creative urges and when all these necessary demands have been met, I will be happy to spend some quality time with my colors around me, buoying my spirits. I have so many ideas crammed in my head right now the hardest part will be sorting out which ones I want to bring life to first.
   Fingers crossed for that Happy New Year of creativity to be here soon!

No comments: