Thursday, May 5, 2016

The happiness continues

 Maybe I won't jinx myself by admitting this, but life is coming along very well for me these days. After many weeks getting my house arranged to my liking and finishing several projects, I'm looking forward to a bit of free time.....sleeping late, indulging myself in art work, pulling weeds in the yard for an entire day......hours upon hours to myself without expectations from anyone.
  I'm especially looking forward to getting back to art work. So many ideas that need to be made whole. I feel the need to unplug, to leave the phone in a secluded place, so I can be completely alone until I want to not be so alone. As much as I love technology and all it can enhance one's place in the world, some days beg to be away from all of the intrusion technology brings.
  The idea of crawling in the dirt and green stuff is most appealing. The end result of a tended garden cannot be matched by hours of texting with even your most loved one. And I do love a day of that!!
  On the subject of loved ones, it's been a roller coaster recently. Without revealing too much, there's been a loss of those who are dear to me, an empty space which might be filled with joy in some future time. On the other hand, I've made a new friend who's brought a certain brightness to my days and some evenings, who's made me feel like a better version of myself when I'm in his presence.
   At any rate, it is a wonderful feeling to wake up to a fresh day each morning, to be excited about how many adventures await and the stories to be told of that day.

No comments: