Sunday, June 10, 2012

More yardening

Yesterday, I went with a couple of gal pals on a tour of gardens hosted by the local hydrangea society. They were all very beautiful and interesting, especially the last one. We got there a little late, but the gardener was a lovely and gracious woman who said we could stay as long as we wanted. Fortunately for her we did not have our camping gear, as we would still be there. These photos are from the four gardens we visited.
front yard water garden

I saw lots of interesting statuary

shapely tree

the reason for the tour

day lilies

garden with rooms
I was so inspired by all the gardens, I got up VERY early this morning and finished some clean up along the fence and in one of my unattended beds, then planted the area outside my sewing room. This is the garden spot that I had to dig up last fall for the siding repair that took all fall and part of the winter...ugh! It looks pretty good now and hopefully will fill in over the course of the next few seasons. Maybe I can get out for photos in the next day or two. I am so sore right now from 8 hours of weeding, digging, and watering, I can barely move.

No comments: