Monday, June 14, 2010

Yard redo

This is some of what I've been up to lately. Of course I waited till summer arrived in all it's glory and vengeance to decide to do this and nearly caused heatstroke for one of the brave souls I hired to dig. These are before photos of what was a stand of golden bamboo. It took me no time to cut it down but digging the roots was a nightmare as they had grown in a circle of sheet metal for eight (or more) years and some roots had found their way to freedom where the metal pieces overlapped. The goal is to have the new outdoor room completed by the solstice, so I can have a small celebratory fire, to honor the earth and plead her forgiveness for the oil spill.

3 comments:

Thomasin Durgin said...

Wow, that's a lot of work! Can't wait to see the progress.

Trish said...

So THAT is what you were up to on Monday!!! It is already looking better...I know this will be great when you are done.

fifima said...

Jim Machin says, "every one knows the earth is a man".

fifi