Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March comes in like a lamb

The weather cooperated today for a full route of walking. The sun was shining and there was only a slight chill in the air. The best part of today is that February is OVER! It has been a rather dismal month (bad weather, disease, work) and the total mileage on my pedometer was very sad. Less than 20 miles. Yikes! I walked that in a week last fall. 
But now it's March and one can only hope the promise of spring will bring better days. I'm trying not to use the word hope this year, to give myself a more forceful outlook on life. Get what I need and want. To get up and DO. As nice a concept as hope is, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a brighter future,  I need action right now.
Oh dear, I certainly didn't intend to stand on a soap box.

No comments: