Friday, March 11, 2011

Back to the dress

In this episode we will embellish and attach the bottom tier of the dress. I cut the piece of batiste using the pattern I made from the fitting muslin. Vertical tucks were sewn on the center front following the center front crease as a guide. Gentle pressing on the tucks, then I lined up the placement of the next rows of tucks by placing the upper skirt on top of the bottom tier and finger pressing a placement crease. Seven tucks are sewn in each space below the loop design of the upper skirt.  There are three bands of vertical tucks on the front and back pieces.
After the tucks are completed, much pinning to attach the skirt pieces together. I used the same technique as I did when inserting the lace on the bodice.
center panel of tucks
finding placement for tucks
  The bodice is basted to the skirt and is waiting for another fitting.

1 comment:

Paula Kovarik said...

These dresses and fine work are so inspiring Marilyn. I wonder if you have ever considered doing a quilt like these?