Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Verklempt

The bride and her mother picked up the wedding dress today and I teared up a tiny bit. That beautiful garment has been a constant companion all summer and now she's gone and I miss her.
  In the meantime I finished one of the art quilts that was banging around in my head and need to hang it in a place where I can see it daily. I am trying to use this series of wall hangings as visual reminders in an effort to balance myself. (ooo that sounds a little too self aware.) 
 Of course I have taken plenty of photos of the things I've been doing lately and when I get them ALL downloaded and organized, I'll post them. I still haven't completed the series on the graduation dresses, so please do not hold your breath.

3 comments:

Trish said...

Glad to here that there are photos of that gorgeous dress, even if we DO have to wait for them!

Marilyn League said...

I'll probably wait till the wedding's over to post photos. Of course the graduation's been over for MONTHS....

fifima said...

Sounds like you had some schprekle in your genectiginzoint.

fifi