Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guild challenge

The quilt guild I belong to had a challenge for the Ultimate Guild Challenge contest that AQS shows at their Knoxville exhibit/exposition (whatever they call it). There was a huge turnout from the members--17 quilts were entered. The membership voted on the eight that will entered for consideration in the contest. Alas, mine was not chosen. But I can show it now.
    I like it and had fun making it. Discharge paste is my favorite art supply right now. Adding hand stitching with pearl cotton gives an extra dimension and texture and I do like the way it looks.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Your quilt is so beautiful and perfectly fit the challenge! *I* voted for it...

ettam said...

I voted for it too! I thought it looked wonderful hanging with the rest of the quilts. I wish all 17 could go.

Thomasin Durgin said...

your work is wonderful!

FiberAntics said...

I like your quilt! Maybe you can submit it into another category at the show. Discharge paste sounds like fun.
FiberAnticsbyVeronica.com

Nysha said...

I love this quilt and knew it was yours - such beautiful and distinctive work. I am certain it is destined for a show!