Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week's end

Although this week started out poorly, it has improved. Thursday was a very nice day, in spite of the snow. A little jaunt out to Shelby Forest for a meeting with sewing friends, made the snow almost inconsequential. In fact, it kind of set a soothing mood to the rest of that day. There was a snow fog that made it seem I was driving home in a big white bubble. Fortunately the roads were clear so there was no winter driving anxiety. Friday morning was quite a different story weather wise, with icy conditions and my vehicle commandeered by the husband going to work. So I spent the better part of the morning in the basement with some deconstructed screen printing--oh joy! Haven't washed it out yet so no photos.
  Today I did something I rarely do and that was to travel to Nashville for the day to meet with the other chapter presidents of the Tennessee Association of Craft Artists. It was quite a pleasant experience. I accompanied a friend who is also in the group, in fact she is the president of TACA, and had a really good time on the drive and at the meeting. Plus, we got to stop at Trader Joe's AND a totally awesome fabric store, Textiles, Inc. There wasn't really enough time to explore the shopping places, but I am motivated to go back to see more of what's available, especially at the fabric store.
   I am not much of a traveler, so this was a big deal for me. Going on a 3 hour drive is like going to the moon and way out of my comfort zone. Maybe there is hope for me.

No comments: