Friday, July 1, 2011

Art Quilt

Since this blog was supposed to be about my adventures in art quilting, maybe I should share some recent work.
A couple of weeks ago I played around with the discharge paste on dark cotton fabrics. I had an idea for something with hands after seeing a post on one of my favorite blogs. Inspiration is out there in the world when you keep your eyes and mind open.
  Bravely, I ignored the warning on the jar of discharge paste to avoid prolonged contact with skin and painted my palms. Then I used them like stamps on the black and navy fabrics. After the paste dried, I ironed according to instructions (I did wash my hands right away between these steps) and was very pleased with the results. There are two small wall hangings so far and others are floating in my head right now begging to be created.

No comments: