Saturday, November 3, 2012

Post Halloween cleanup

Halloween was a raging success here at casa del Willett. We ran out of candy and had to blow out the candles and get into the house before the next horde of children came by expecting treats. It was a lovely evening anyway and the neighbors were out and had their houses decorated, too. The children were, for the most part, well behaved. The weirdest thing that we saw was the guy who was old enough to grow a moustache trick or treating. Yeah, right !?! There really should be an age limit for this holiday.
Yesterday, I took down all the fake spider webs and put the pumpkins around in the back yard on my patio (which is really the upper end of the driveway) after I swept leaves and rearranged the benches and tables. Yes, my life is just this boring.
   This afternoon was part one of the skirt class I am teaching. Like I told my husband, it was successful because no one "shivved" me with their scissors...hahahahahaha
   The students have varying experience with sewing so it made for a good mix of how much attention everyone needed. I made a booboo on one step in the construction of the skirt, but apologized and helped "unsew" some of the garments. So it was a lesson for us all. There was good progress and we will finish next week. I had a great time and really love meeting new people with an interest in sewing.
all decked out for Halloween


new patio arrangement--looking forward to good weather

  Next weekend is also the MACA Fine Craft Tour, so I will be juggling my schedule to help with that, as well as finish the skirt class. The Sewing Guild meets Thursday and I am in the middle of a special project in my studio. Plus this is the week I see my therapist (nothing like a biweekly dose of mental health).  The week seems to shaping up quite nicely. 
  

No comments: