Friday, November 6, 2015

Hello, I'm back....

A lot has happened since April. The spring was lovely and lasted along time, then summer hit, BAM! Now we are in the process of another season. The leaves are raining down, begging to be swept up for a long winter's nap in the leaf pile and garden bed. The beds surrounding the deck were productive for the most part. The orange cherry tomatoes did the best. There was lettuce and collard greens till the heat and bugs came. Cucumbers and summer squash tried their best, but the borers sucked the life out of them. It was sad.....
   Probably the best plants for the summer were the moon flowers. I'd never had any success with them before, but they performed beautifully all summer. Now I'm collecting seeds for next year. I'll put them near the front porch then, so they can entertain me in the late of the day while I'm sitting inside the screen.
   Speaking of screens, the awesome tent I set up on the deck, got blown over one stormy afternoon. That was sad, too.....
   But life moves along. It's a great feeling to wake up to it everyday and face life head on with joy in my heart.

No comments: