Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More screen printing

green prints
charged screen
I did another round of deconstructed screen printing and used a greenish dye and a different motif on the screen. I used a couple of plastic lace coasters, bubble wrap and potato bag. The bag didn't show up as well as I hope but I can always go back and add some of it's texture with paint. There's a fourth screen ready to go that I covered with the dye then scraped in a freehand design with a palette knife. Fingers crossed on this one turning out as well as I expect it to.

2 comments:

Paula Kovarik said...

WOW WOW WOW! Love the green prints! It would be fun to doodle with thread on those prints, can't wait to see your outcome. Do you sell fabric?

Marilyn League said...

Hey Paula, yes, I'd sell you some of this fabric. The blue prints came out VERY nice, so if you want to look at them call me and we can get together. I'm going to do the purpley ones tomorrow, but it'll be a day or two before they are ready and washed and all. It's exciting that you would be interested and I'd love for you to have a closer look.