Sunday, June 19, 2011

Avert your eyes at the proper moment

Last Thursday, a group of us from the sewing Guild got together and made body double dress forms. It was quite an undertaking, I must say. I had never done this before and thankfully, a couple of the people there had done this several years ago. I do not know what would have happened without their astute guidance. Plus some stalwart members came to help wrap and not be wrapped in return. Thank you and you know who you are.
  We wrapped three in the morning and then broke for lunch. Yummy food shared by all. Three more in the afternoon. My turn. While being taped up I experienced a rise in my anxiety levels but it soon passed and all went well for the majority of those being wrapped. Our hostess with the mostest and one of the morning wrappees did not fare too well. But at the end of the day (and especially the next morning) all was forgotten and the experience will go down in history as a good one. More photos of the process will be posted on the guild website and anyone interested in that should contact me for the link.
front (duh)

back--needs a bit of repair in that one place
  Until you have done this you cannot understand what it entails. The end result is so worth it in my mind, even though it has completely destroyed my personal mental body image. When I finish all the trimming and details and make my form pretty, I should feel differently towards it. Embrace it, love it, call it my own. 
  P.S. I need to either clean up my sewing room or drag out the backdrop more often. What a dump!!!

5 comments:

FiberAntics said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose studio looks like a dump. Hey--we're not busy, we're creative and productive!

FiberAntics said...

I meant to say "messy" not "busy." Sorry for the typo. We ARE busy.

Marilyn League said...

Ha Ha Veronica--I'm busy being messy!!!

ettam said...

I enjoyed hearing you recount the process of making this at craftB yesterday. Funny! Of course, you've seen my "wreck" room in all it's glory. Yikes!

ettam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.