Friday, January 4, 2013

Onward into the new year--so far

It's only the 4th of January, so I can't make any claims to have turned my life around in 2013 yet, but I did sign up for Bikram Yoga at the urging of a friend. She had a rough year (last couple of years actually) and wants to improve her general well being as well as get in better physical shape. I have been battling tendonitis in my shoulders for years and am always looking for some way to regain good posture and mobility, plus get some relief from the achiness in my upper back that does not include shots or pills. So off to the yoga studio!!
  We signed up for the new student deal for unlimited visits for one month at a reduced fee. The instructor said we should attend daily for at least ten days to get the best benefit of the exercise. My friend is three days ahead of me and already notices a different in her back problems. So I am heading back this afternoon and hope I do better than yesterday. I had never done this kind of yoga before, but knew it was done in  HOT environment. All the walking I've been doing the last few years has been good for stamina, and I tolerated the heat pretty well, but my balance and breathing need LOTS of work. LOTS!!! My biggest fear is that I will throw up.
   Having someone to go with will surely be helpful and we hope we can synch our schedules so we will be attended classes together as many visits as possible.
   On the fiber art front for this year, I am getting the ball rolling on the quilt show for the gallery in the local cancer treatment hospital. It's a little more than 10 weeks away--YIKES! I really let myself get lazy during these past holidays and need to focus on priorities.
   Namaste.....

No comments: