Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holidaze continued

As these pesky winter holidays come to an end, I am yearning for closure for this year and looking forward to a more enlightened upcoming year. I did not find all the joy I had hoped for at the beginning of last year, but continue to search for it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.
   All was not disappointing this past twelve months, and I am grateful for the laughs and fun times I've had with friends and family. Beauty surrounds me. I wake to a fresh new day every morning. If I have not made the best of it, the fault is mine.
  I have a huge learning experience before me, as I am to be the communications chairperson for the artists group I belong to. It is a scary prospect. Technology is not one of my strong points. Paranoia is in the back of my mind, too, as every time I see a technological breakthrough that seems too good to be true, I say to myself "Skynet!" Then I laugh a little, nervously. Computerized sewing machines frighten me a little bit.

1 comment:

Paula Kovarik said...

I say dive in and take to the sky! Technology is just a stepping stone. A good communication can be done with smoke signals if the audience speaks the language. It's more about content. You'll do great because you have the energy to make it right.