Saturday, April 19, 2014

The new normal

The dust has not completely settled on my divorce and I am becoming increasingly impatient with the powers that be and a power that would like to be. The stress of this situation has crawled into my sacrosanct dream world, with visions of me performing innocuous tasks in unfamiliar places, and I wake in a troubled state of being. It's hard to explain with mere language. 
   In an effort to persevere, I am inviting friends and family over and giving them food and various beverage. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. Dinner's on me. Thursday, I had gal pals over for the sewing guild board meeting, something I haven't been able to do in ages, because of the circumstances in this house. Everyone was glad to be here and we had a show and tell of the projects I'm doing. Brunch was a success--gougeres, chicken salad from Costco, fruit and vegetables, tea, coffee, and juice. Nothing complicated and all very tasty. 
   For tomorrow's feast, I'm firing up the grill. Chicken, corn in the husk, quiche for the vegetarians, fruits, veggies, breads, crackers, cake for dessert. Potato salad, deviled eggs on request, from guests who want to participate. 
   This is what was missing from my life for so long. It doesn't take much to make me happy and I had to go to extreme lengths to get here. Life is a journey "they" say and I've packed my bags.

No comments: